Search This Blog

Thursday 28 July 2011

Katrina Kaif beats Deepika Padukone, Kareena Kapoor

She talks about being the only actress in the Top 10 of the Zoom Supernova list

What do you attribute your enviable position in the industry to?
Luck and being honest and sincere about work has worked for me and helped me reach where I am. You don't really know how your film is going to turn out, but you can give it your best shot and hope the audience loves it. This has been my approach right from the beginning and it's helped me a lot in my journey. All you can do is give the film your everything. I think what has also worked is that I have been able to relate to the characters I have played. Maybe, deep down the audience has connected to these roles and liked them.

Who do you consider your fan base?
I would like to believe it transcends all ages and barriers. I look forward to meeting fans during promotions when I travel across the country. It's humbling to see their love and support. Also I look out for tips that some give me. Like if they don't like something I did or loved a particular role or scene, I try to keep that in mind as a reference point in the future. It's always nice to get feedback from your fans.

What kind of films excite you?

I make an attempt to do different kinds of films. There's no such formula for guaranteed success. Like Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara worked because of sheer sincerity.

How important are your fans?
I want to thank them for giving me so much love and acceptance, even with my flaws, be it my diction or anything else. They have stood by me and always believed in my work. I will keep doing work that won't ever let my fans down.
Check out Stars Homepage

No comments:

Post a Comment