Search This Blog

Saturday 16 July 2011

Chinese man walks 1,000 miles to win bride

A Chinese Proclaimers fan got more than she bargained for when she jokingly told her boyfriend she would only marry him if he walked 1,000 miles.

Ling Hsueh (23), made the comment in reference to the Scottish duo's song 500 Miles after Liu Peiwen (29), proposed to her.

The chorus goes: "But I would walk 500 miles, and I would walk 500 more, just to be the man who walked a thousand miles, to fall down at your door."

But before Ling got around to telling Liu that she was only joking, he had bought a rucksack and set off from Henan province on the marathon hike.

He said, "The distance from here to her hometown in the Guangdong province, in southeastern China, is 1,600 kilometers which is exactly 1,000 miles.

"When I get there I hope she is waiting for me and I will ask her again and I hope she says yes."

Ling told local media, "He's such a fruitcake. I would have married him anyway and was only joking when I said he had to walk a 1,000 miles."

She added, "He was already on the way when I realised." The trip is expected to take six weeks and Liu added, "I love walking and always wanted to see more of the country but my love was the final push I needed to set off."

Bizarre proposals
An unsuspecting woman cast her fishing line into a Twin Cities lake recently only to reel in a diamond ring, which had been attached by professional divers underwater. An airline pilot, surprised his bride-to-be with a recent trip via an open-cockpit airplane.

No comments:

Post a Comment