Search This Blog

Saturday 16 July 2011

Hillary ready for retirement from ‘merry-go-round'

WASHINGTON (AFP) - US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton reaffirmed Thursday that she would retire after next year's election, saying she was physically tired from the "merry-go-round" of public life.
Clinton, in an interview with the BBC, said that "I love what I'm doing" and that she was in good health, thanks in part to exercise and yoga. But she admitted to fatigue as she jets around the world as the top US diplomat. "I am very interested in spending time with my friends and my family and not being on the merry-go-round all the time," Clinton said in the interview, according to a State Department transcript.
That "is one of the reasons why I have decided that I will move on and return to private life at the end of what will be a very intense period of activity and work in the next 18 months," Clinton said. Clinton, 63, has been in the public eye almost without interruption since the late 1970s as first lady of Arkansas, first lady of the US.

No comments:

Post a Comment