Search This Blog

Sunday 4 September 2011

I think a lot about marriage: Kareena Kapoor

Bebo gets candid while talking about being from the Kapoor khandaan, her Punjab connection and secret fitness regime

The year 2011 looks like a packed one for Kareena Kapoor, who will be seen with almost all the Khans, including Salman, SRK, Aamir, Saif and Imran in "Bodyguard", "Ra.One", Reema Kagti's untitled, "Agent Vinod" and "Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu", respectively. She's also looking at working with sister Karisma. In a candid conversation, Kareena spoke her heart on some issues...

Do you feel lucky sometimes?
Yes I do. And what I feel good about is that I am never called a privileged star kid. Struggling to get somewhere adds value to the end result. I have been brought up in a different way where I was constantly told that life is not a bed of roses.

You are dating a dapper guy and your career graph is on the rise. What's the secret?
(Laughs) It's all about hardwork. Destiny plays an important role, but one needs to work on their goals. Regarding the guy (Saif), I don't have anything more to say. He is the best.

But you pay the cost of being a star at times, especially a celebrity couple...
I have stopped reacting to things. Initially, I used to get jittery, but gradually I realized that it's a part of life. What surprises me most is how things are hyped up fictitiously

Saif wore feminine track pants while returning from Paris. And many thought it was yours...
(Laughs) Do you think mine would fit him? I laughed a lot when I got to know about it. Trust me it wasn't like that.

What amazes everyone is that you guys are so open about your relationship...
Yes. Actually, where is the need to hide it? Saif and I share the same wavelength. We think if you are doing the right thing there's no need to keep it a secret.

Is it true that 2012 will see you two married?
Everyone likes to get married. And like any other girl, I too think a lot about it. I have special plans for the occasion and will do everything to make it memorable. I will not reveal the plan of action right now (laughs). But it will not come as a surprise. We will surely make a formal announcement. Whether it will be in 2012 or not, I can't say right now.

Now when you are working with almost all the Khans, is there anyone who's your favourite?
(Smiles) Everyone's nice and have their own styles and ways. I like Salman for his nature and grounded attitude. He's a great human being and very professional in his approach. In "Bodyguard" you get to see a different Salman. He did everything to ensure I stayed comfortably during the shoot. Others are equally good.

Last you went to Punjab was for the shoot of "Jab We Met". This time it was "Bodyguard". How has it been?
I am a Punjabi. So, visiting Punjab is a great experience every time. I love the foggy winters there. I will soon return here on a personal trip, as I need to visit the shrines.

Won't you take Saif with you?
Let's see...

Shammi Kapoor's demise jolted the Kapoor family...
Yes. He was full of life. We will always remember him as a dynamic person who took life very positively.

Karisma is starting afresh in Bollywood with "Dangerous Ishq". How do you feel?
I wish her luck. Finally, we will be seeing Karisma's comeback. My equation with her has always been great. She's supported me always.

Will we be seeing you both together on screen?
It's my dream to work with her. There's nothing planned as such, but if something is offered, I will not say no. Wow! I am imagining how exciting it would be to work with her.

Tell us what's happening on "Heroine" front?
I will not say anything about it.

Your wax statue is to be unveiled soon...
It's an occasion to remember and a great honour. I am counting days for when I can fly there to have a look at it.

Your size zero is still a rage? How you maintain it?
I do yoga and eat right. Gymming is also there, but I try to balance things.... that's the secret.

No comments:

Post a Comment